Ey Up!!!!.....Le Tour De France in Yorkshire????

Hi There
Its Le Tour De France crazy where I live in Yorkshire at the moment...Yes it passing through where I live this weekend and everyone has gone Tour De France crazy!!
You would think it was Christmas or forcast heavy snow!! The supermarket shelves are empty. No Milk, Bread or even potatoes....Its bizarre!!

So inspired by all the craziness surrounding me, I thought I may as well join in..Though Tilda isnt in the Tour De France...she's on the look out for David Beckham and Brad Pit who are very near by and were spotted in 'Betty's' ( A famous TeaRoom) in Ikley yesterday...4 miles from my house!!!!! whoooaaaah!!!
Even Prince William and Kate passed through my village yesterday!!! :D

On the route there's banners and flags flying everywhere..
Here are some pics of the welcome they are going to get.

This church that's replaced god with a yellow jersey.
This is painted on one of the local rds and the huge! shirt is hung on Skipton Church Clock.


This is actually down the rd from my home. hee hee

Photo

Even on the canalside they are joining in.

and the Farmers

Photo: Things have gone mad behind the scenes at Daleside Nurseries!
and this is my favourite....just brilliant
Anyway back to my card ...I painted with Distress ReInkers
Dies used are DooHickeys Slender Tress, Gate, Rose Leaf and Flag Banner.
Flowers I made with Marianne rolled Roses Die
Papers are Maja Coffee in the Harbour

I will pop back in next week with some more photos of when they cycle through...I will give you a wave on TV!!! ;D
Until then I wish you an amazing weekend
hugs

5 comments:

lisa said...

It's crazy but a lot of fun isn't it, Debbie. Otley is crazy today, full of cyclists and people and the bunting looks amazing!!
Love the painted road and the sheep but what this about Becks in Bettys!!!!!!!
Will be waving from here too, I'll look out for you. Have fun.
Love your Tilda on her TDF cycle!!
Hugs Lisax

Patty O'Malley said...

Adorable card, Debbie! Your town looks so festive--enjoy!

Tine said...

A lot of fun this one, Debbie & perfect for this weekend's event. Thanks for adding a few of the photos too. Love the humour - my fav being the cyclist going over the wall! LOL
Tine :)

Christine L said...

Hi Debbie......

LOVING the not to the TDF on your fabulous card... and wow to those wonderful photos!! We decided not to chance actually trying the roads around here... so became couch potatoes to see the wonders of our lovely Yorkshire! My daughter is stewarding at Green Hammerton today.. so we'll be on the watch our for her on crowd control...... don't think she'll come into contact with the rich and famous tho!! hehe

Hugs
Christine x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

A gorgeous card! This is one of my favourite Tildas and I love the beautiful Yorkshire scene you've created for her. Great photos!
Rebecca.

01 09 10